It looks like a dream I have had for several years is finally becoming a reality with our first ever Cache Me If You Can geocaching race. My hope is that many people will get excited, complete the Treasure Hunter homework assignment, and maybe begin their own interest in caching.
Because of the large percentage of rookie hikers and cachers involved with the exercise, I have begun to sort of plan out the teams ahead of time in order to assure there is an even spread of Harriman and geocaching knowledge on each team. I'll be leading a team with a bunch of rookies. My strategy is simple, but I won't divulge it here. Lori is captain of team #2 with Andrew to assist with Harriman direction-finding. Lori is the most experienced cacher. Team #3 is headed up by Paul with Rob to assist with Harriman trail knowledge. This team will have the least caching experience but Rob probably has the most off-hand knowledge of trails after myself. The personalities on this team might give them a competitive edge.
I won't predict a winner, but I will predict that the winning team has seven or fewer caches--remember we'll have under four hours to grab our caches. I wouldn't even be surprised if the winners had only four or five caches.
Less than a week to go. We have a captains meeting on Thursday night to load caches, go over protocol, and hammer out the details. Things are getting exciting...
--Dan
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Interesting
ReplyDelete